Monday, September 2, 2013

Day 11 - S'Gravendeel to Rotterdam an on to the Hook of Holland Ferry Port




View Day 10 - Dortrecht suburbs to the Ferry Port in a larger map

So close



Cycle path hazards and Rotterdam in sight:



An actual tunnel for bikes so that they can get across the motorway:




Then the famous bridge in Rotterdam, man, we are really getting close.




The last day: Well, not really "the last day" as I got to Rotterdam around 11.00 in the morning, had a McDo for breakfast (two McMuffins, I was starving). My bike outside McD:





Ended up at the Stadscamping Rotterdam , got sorted and then headed back into the city for a bit of urbanisation.




"Urbanisation" means a couple beers and a period of relaxed reflection on the things that I had just done. I had planned this whole adventure and really and truly pulled it off. All the places that had just been names on the map became a bit more, though not much more as most were sleepy towns anyway. But you know what I mean; I said I would do something, then did it.

Beers:



And the last night in my tent:


No comments:

Post a Comment