Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 7 - Arcen to Grave

All rested after a night on the sofa. Day seven and I felt great especially since this was the day I would eventually finish heading north and head west towards the sea.


View Day 7 - Arcen to Grave in a larger map

We jump between the LF3 and the LF12 in this leg. This happened at the yellow marker. 




The day was also memorable for the number of ferries that I had to take between different banks of a variety of waterways. The first one was a bit of a surprise as I followed the path and hit the water, and the slip for the ferry, but there was no ferry. I wandered around looking for somebody and eventualy found some man collecting his mail. He said that the ferry didn't start until 10.00am, and I had no idea what the time was. He told me it was 9.00am. Man, I had been cycling for hours, and must have left at 7.00, or something like that. So, I asked him where I could get a coffee and he pointed to a cafe that was just behind hi, but that didn't open until 10.00 either. But since he was the owner, he would let me in while he set up for the day. I had a coffee, read quite a lot of "Wyrd Sisters", by Terry Pratchett and waited for the ferry to run.

It showed up spot on at 10.00 and seemed to be a retirement activity for the two people that ran it, a man and his wife. I never paid more than 0.80 Euros for a trip.




This leg was interesting, not just because of the ferries, but also for some art along the way, and of course the ferries.






And sheep on the line.



The campsite was set way back in the countryside, the Camping Bruinsbergen was very quiet, but was a strange place with a set up that looked like the inside of Granma's knick-knack shelf and a dog that made itself quite at home.






No comments:

Post a Comment