Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 9 - Rosmalen to the s' Gravendeel

Yes, Day 9, it may be possible to smell the sea air. Rosmalen to S'Gravendeel in the suburbs of Dortrecht. Map, as usual, is below.



View Day 9 - Oud-Empel to Dortrecht suburbs in a larger map

Today seemed to take forever; the wind was blowing hard and I trusted a local regarding a shortcut that wasn't really one. I do not think I was intentionally mislead, just that he misunderstood where I wanted to get to and my mental state, as he included tourist spots that didn't interest me much. When you are shagged out from pedaling into a headwind for hours, the last thing you want to do is to look at yet another church.

The campsite appeared to be receding every kilometre as well. Just when I thought I was near, there were yet more of them to cover. Then I was lost and then I was exhausted. Finally, after a trip through the "Kiltunnel", Camping Polderland was achieved.




Maybe the reason that the day seemed so long was that there were a ton of crossings made, so there was some waiting around and getting on and off. But, the crossings were one of the things that made the whole trip stand out, as water became another kind of cycle path.









No comments:

Post a Comment